State Portal eesti.ee
The State Portal eesti.ee is an online environment, where public e-services and information about state-related activities can be found.
Eesti.ee is a secure gate to the e-state, providing reliable and up-to-date information for organising your procedures with the state, access to public e-services and information about yourself, and the mailbox of @eesti.ee.
Eesti.ee provides information in Estonian, English, and Russian on what to do in different life events, when communication with the state is required, or for starting a business.
Eesti.ee provides practical guidance and advice on how to use and find public services. The contact information of ministries, state agencies, local governments, educational institutions, cultural institutions, social welfare institutions, professional associations, etc. is also available on the portal.
- State Portal eesti.ee »Information and e-services
- can find the necessary information for organising procedures with the state, e.g. on how to register the birth of a child, apply for documents, or start a business.
- can use the e-services of state institutions, e.g. view prescriptions issued to them and information about their personal vehicle, check the validity of their driver’s licence, apply for parental benefits and family allowances, view their personal data in the Population Register, etc.
- can use special solutions to forward the @eesti.ee e-mail address to a daily e-mail address, sign documents digitally, etc.
can find the necessary information for operating, e.g. on the tax system, employee registration, or areas of activity subject to special requirements.
can find the information required for their work from eesti.ee.
Information and e-services
My eesti.ee – access the information about yourself
Logged in users of eesti.ee have an overview of their data in different registries, including their prescriptions, data on the certificate of incapacity for work, and the validity of documents.
@eesti.ee address and and notifications
Every person with an Estonian personal identification code has an e-mail address registered in the State Portal: first name.surname(n)@eesti.ee. The @eesti.ee e-mail address is intended as a communication channel between the state and the person, where the state can leave messages and information concerning the person. In addition to state authorities, others can also send messages to the e-mail address ‘name.surname(n)@eesti.ee’ – these messages will be forwarded to the daily e-mail address and cannot be viewed on the portal. Only state authorities can send messages to the email address ‘personal identification email@example.com’.
In order to receive the letters and messages from the state, forward your @eesti.ee e-mail address on to your personal e-mail address.
Companies have e-mail addresses in the form of ‘registry firstname.lastname@example.org’, where the state can leave messages. The representative of the company can forward the @eesti.ee address on to several addresses, for example, several employees, so that significant information would reach everyone. In addition, companies also have the address ‘email@example.com’ for free use.
You can also subscribe to text message and e-mail notifications on eesti.ee, e.g. to receive notifications about the expiry of your driver’s licence.
Usage statistics of the State Portal
- More than 390,000 visits and 235,000 unique users per month in 2017.
- Almost 350,000 people and 70,000 entrepreneurs have forwarded their @eesti.ee address to a daily e-mail address (May 2018).
- Almost 210,000 people have activated their mobile number (November 2017).
- Almost a million notifications were sent to users using the State Portal in 2017.
The most popular services
- adding data on the certificate of temporary incapacity of work
- viewing personal prescriptions
- viewing personal allowances for temporary incapacity for work.
The service level of State Portal
State Portal eesti.ee is most frequently used during workdays between 8.30 a.m. and 10 p.m. and on weekends between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m.
In this context, RIA does not interrupt the services of eesti.ee during this time no more than once a month. We notify our users at least 48 hours before interruptions. We also notify our users of maintenance works that last for longer than 30 minutes and are scheduled outside of working hours.
Please contact the user support of RIA by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any problems.
NB! This level of service applies to eesti.ee as an online environment. The State Portal mediates services provided by many different institutions. The times of maintenance for each service are determined by the respective service provider.